March 28, 2024, 07:56:23 PM

Author Topic: Professor Szigo's case with the insidious bookies  (Read 16210 times)

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
Professor Szigo's case with the insidious bookies
« on: May 16, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »
Hello everyone! I am from Hungary. I bet for more than 10 years now, but seriously (professionally) for 4 years.

I will do my best to provide you with picks from Football (specially from English Premier League, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, Hungarian NBI, Champions League and UEFA Europa League). I will carefully select picks based on analysis, h2h record, form, injuries/suspensions, and other factors. I will do my best to give you the best picks and previews. My picks serve as an 'advice' only, so the final decision is clearly yours.

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
Re: Professor Szigo's case with the insidious bookies
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 09:18:39 AM »
1. pick

Oh, I'm sorry to take down the odds for Concordia, Sunday should have been took this pick. The visitor team is very strong, in very good shape, they are the suprise of the spring'season. They beat all teams, only against the big teams make mistakes. Now they will play next to the same odds, as were the two rounds ago, against Astra Ploiesti.

Gaz Metan is not a big team, even not much better like the candidates of relegation's teams. At away they are weak, so the odds are so high the guest because home field can be enough at home ground. The statistic is 7-6-3, few teams can win at Gaz Metan's home.

However, the Concordia is now very great form, it does not sufficiently emphasize that it is almost unbeatable. Gaz Metan got a big beat from Petrolul they can not recover anytime soon, and this is grist to the mill for the guests. I think the away team continues their good series, and I'm waiting a final result like the Astra's game was two rounds before.

Gaz Metan - Concordia
Pick: Concordia DNB
Stake: 10 $
Odds: 3.50 (at Monday when I took it)

Offline Milan

• Administrator
  • Semi-Professional Bettor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:22:28 AM »
 :beer:

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
2. pick

The Romanian Liga 1 essentially is over, the substantive issues have occured. Today, three games left, the first of these is this match. Brasov's team is much better than where we now see them in the table. From their last five matches they lost two times, just champions CFR, and the third-place Steaua beated them, both with one goal, in a very close match. In addition, they beat everyone, even non-difficult, but nice and clean. Targu Mures nice farewell to the first class, since Ceahlaul beaten 4-3 by the supporters be satisfied with them. However, away record is 2-6-8, they hardly to find goals at away. Just 10 goals were scored as soon as they shot Vointa and Mioveni on 16 game, so is not enough. The Brasov likely to pull down the blinds and score double - sure you will find a home game!

FC Brasov - Targu Mures
Pick: Brasov
Odds: 1.57

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 07:42:39 AM »
3. pick

The Oranje (nickname of the holland national team) are playing the beaten Champions League finalists on Tuesday in a match organised to compensate Bayern for Robben being injured while playing for his country in 2010, which prevented him from playing domestic football for several months.

National manager of the german team, Joachim Löw fearing injuries to any of his top players and complained (“Why not delay the friendly by a month when the European tournament ends?”). The manager stated that he has already addressed his concern to Bayern chairman, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who assured of taking necessary steps to resolve the issue. Low mentioned that there are a number of players in the Bayern side who are first team regulars in Germany, and therefore, can’t afford to lose any top players ahead of such an important tournament (like Bastian Schweinsteiger, Thomas Muller, Toni Kroos, Mario Gomez, Holger Badstuber, Philipp Lahm, Jerome Boateng, Manuel Neuer).

I believe Bayern may choose to rest a few German internationals. I think the question is which players will actually be part of the line-up on Tuesday. If the players, who will play in different national team's (Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben, Danijel Pranjic, Anatoliy Timoshchuk), will be rested, Bayern will be very reservist, and now (after losing a cup final) the moral of the players is very low. Netherland will play to get confidence, and this match is good leading up to major matches. The odds is excellent, pounce on it quickly!

Bayern Munich - Netherlands
Pick: Netherlands
Odds: 2.30 (at Monday pm 18:00)

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »
4. pick

I found another interesting match at Tuesday. The Canary are visited by Celtic, even a very noble case. Adam Drury, a Norwich legend retires after 11 years, and this will be the testimonial game for long serving defender. The starting line-up of the scottish team will be very reservist: Thompson – Toshney, Rogne, Wilson, Blackman – McGeouch, Wanyama, Ibrahim, Twardizk – Bangura, Watt. First-team players Fraser Forster, Gary Hooper, Anthony Stokes, Kris Commons, Kelvin Wilson and Paddy McCourt are set for the game while Dylan McGeouch, Rabiu Ibrahim and Tony Watt, who recently made a goalscoring first-team debut for the Hoops is also in the squad, along withunder-19 goalkeeper, Robbie Thomson. A number of Under-17 players travelling down to face Norwich, Paul George, Marcus Fraser, Dylan McGeouch, Flip Twardzik and Tony Watt all making their first-team debuts.

It looks like a draw game, because the Scotts have not played two weeks ago, and the two teams like each other. Norwich will take seriously this match, they want to memorial service with beatiful memory. Canary will play for Adam Drury.

Norwich - Celtic
Pick: Norwich DNB
Odds: 1.62

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 09:11:46 AM »
5. pick

This match will be the sixth derby of the finals in the Turkish League. Besiktas lead the final with 3-2 and now they will have a great chance to win the title at home ground. They were very closed the win this title, while last time they lost in overtime. Besiktas is very good team with Zoran Erceg, Pops Mensah-Bonsu and the PG Carlos Alberto Arroyo.

One of Efes's important players, Cenk is injured and won't be played. Besiktas will have 5000 fans in this game and this is a home game for Besiktas. The previous results of the two teams were: 75:82, 71:76, 69:67, 55:81, 73:73 (84:82 overtime). It seems, that Besiktas is playing very well against Efes in this season.

I think Efes gives nothing to court and they don't look like a desirous team. Besiktas will win very easily. If Besiktas lose this game in the seventh match will played on the road and that will be a big advantage of Efes. I don't believe that Besiktas will miss this chance. They will make a big advantage like in the fourth match, of course not with 26 points difference but they can win with 6-8 points difference.

Besiktas - Anadolu Efes
Pick: Besiktas -5,5
Odds: 1.83

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 12:04:44 PM »
6. pick

Partizan is in big trouble, because Rasko Katic (center) and Dominic James (guard) got injured, and without this players they are not the same team. First playmaker today will be Petar Bozic, who is not the best option for this important game. Partizan have big problem on center position while Katic is out and he is replaced by the young Nemanja Besovic, who played last time 10 minutes and had only 3 RB and 2 TO without a point. Partizan have only three players who can play well (Raduljica, Macvan and Kecman).

In the last game Crvena Zvezda beat Partizan after almost three years where Partizan won at row 14 games, and now are full of confidence. Crvena Zvezda first game of this final went in over (92:83), they shot all positions very well.

This is the third game in the final of Serbian Basketball League. The current score is 1:1 and they will play till three wins. Crvena Zvezda maybe have chance in this match even for win considering that James and Katic are injured, but Partizan is too experienced team. I think both teams will play carefully which means a low scoring match, so the difference betweet us maybe also be small. It favors to Crvena, the best pick to bet them with hendicap.

Partizan - Crvena Zvezda
Pick: Crvena Zvezda +6
Odds: 1.83

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 01:06:54 PM »
7. pick

Bangor City is a Welsh club with big traditions. Last year they finished second place in the Championship with 69 points, and +27 goal difference. City have not played in Bangor since their defeat to Haka in 1998, they were forced to play international home games in Wrexham and Rhyl but can now return thanks to their new ground. They have fitness doubts with left-back Chris Roberts and midfielder Sion Edwards. Manager Nev Powell could give debuts to summer signings striker Chris Simm and England semi-pro international full-back Liam Brownhill, both of whom joined from Chester City.

Zimbru Chisinau is a club with a lots of fans in Moldova, and with a lot of trophies in '90, but present they are just strugling. They finished third place in the national league, behind the winners Sheriff and Dacia Chisinau. Their trainer Oleg Bejenari was appointed in june, after the earlier coach Serghej Stroenco was fired because of bad results. Bejenari signed for one year, so he should prove their suitability. In their preparation time they lost 0-1 against Dacia Chisinau, and they lost 0-2 against romanian team Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt.

I think Zimbru Chisinau plays really bad in their away games, and Bangor City in their old-new stadium will be very heated, and they are not so bad as we think. The Welsh could get at least one point.

Bangor City - Zimbru
Pick: Bangur DNB
Odds: 1.80

Offline Szigo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 08:55:57 AM »
8. pick

I think Dinamo Kiev is an average european team, with big ambitions, and big traditions. Last season was a huge disaster for Dinamo. They lost in the Ukraine Cup, in the Supercup, and in the Championship too, all won by Shakhtar Donetsk. Also they were kicked out from EL groupstage early. So Dinamo signed this summer some very good level players like portugal Miguel Veloso (Genoa), Marco Ruben (Villareal) and Niko Kranjcar (Tottenham), so a failure in Champions League will make things very complicated them. They have almost a new team, so much money invested in the club, probably these three players will play in the starting line-up.

Feyenoord returns in Champions League for the first time in 10 years and they have a very young and inexperienced team. With the loss of John Guidetti, Otman Bakkal and Karim El Ahmadi, I can see them surprise this year again. They have brought Harmeet Singh, Daryl Janmaat, Ruud Vormer and Lex Immers. I think Vormer and Immers are nothing special, they are average players, while Janmaat is a decent rightback. They are subpar midfielders who will prove not to add much to Feyenoord. Defence of Feyenoord is very strong, but they played only the Duthh Leage, so hard to predict their realy knowledge. Their team is inexperienced, but very talented and they fight for each other. It's not sure, but one of the key players and captain Ron Vlaar will go to Aston Villa so he won't be playing for Feyenoord any more, which is a big blow. New central defenders will be de Vrij (also new captain) and Martins Indi, which is a good duo but are not used to playing together. In a friendly match these duo played together and Martins Indi looked a bit uncertain. They had one serious preparation game against Mallorca, and reached 0-0 draw.

Kiev is the favorite as they have the better squad and the advantage of playing at home. They did some good additions while Feyenoord have lost their best scorers of last season in Guidetti and Bakkal, plus midfielder El Ahmadi to Aston Villa. They are not replaced them well enough. Feyenoord's new forwards are not very good, they have a lot of trouble scoring goals. I think the home ground, and the bigger home motivation will be enough to win this match.

Dinamo Kiev - Feyenoord
Pick: Dinamo Kiev
Odds: 1.55